About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fashion That Makes You Swoon and Fashion That Makes You Say "Wat"

Swoon

Free people posted a picture of their stylist Sarah in her FP outfit. She's so adorable! (I'm impartial to her hair, I must admit.)

They also posted a picture of their dress, "The Fitted With Daisies Dress," which is now available in "merlot." It's stunning
You can buy it here: http://www.freepeople.com/whats-new/fitted-with-daisies-dress/?cm_mmc=facebookwall-_-Q32012-_-120913_fittedwithdaisiesmerlot-_-1
It's also available in black, white, and light blue, and they are all darling.

This amazed me:
Some runway shows are truly spectacular.  (Chances are I'll dedicate an upcoming blog post to types of runway shows.) One in particular is absolutely amazing. A. F. Vandevorst, S/S (Spring/Summer), 1999.
The runway show was held in an old hospital ward, which was lined with two rows of beds. The models were laying, seemingly asleep, and fully-clothed, in each bed.  The spectators sat in the bedside seats, as if they were visitors. One by one the "patients" "woke up" and walked down the middle of the "ward." 
(source: http://teeny4bikini.tumblr.com/post/31710918697/jeou-a-f-vandevorst-s-s-1999-the-runway-for)


WHAT?

Fashion can be very... unusual sometimes. 
Here's what I mean:











You may be saying to yourself, "Why?" I am sorry, I have no answer for you.

Catch you on the flip side,
Alix


No comments:

Post a Comment