About My Blog

Welcome to 500 Days of Style! After a recent trip to my fashion capital of the world, Paris, I decided to amp up my style, and chronicle it on this blog!
Hope you enjoy it, and it inspires you to be super stylish (even on a low budget, like me!)
<3, Alix

Monday, October 1, 2012

The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards and 64th Primetime Emmy Awards


Recently, tons of celebrities came together, dressed to impress, at the 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
Let’s take a look

This Marc Bouwer dress on Rachel Ray isn’t new. In fact, Kim Kardashian wore it last year on the “Late Show with David Letterman.” While Kim kept it simple with sleek black pumps (keep in mind her appearance was much later in the day than Rachel’s), Rachel carried a patterned clutch and wore black strappy sandal-heels. Who do you think wore it better? Personally, I like Kim’s look. She kept it simpler and her body seems to fit the dress better. I also love the ruffle under the piece; it gives it a classic feel to the dress.

This is Lisa Rinna. I’m not sure of the label, but I love the dress, especially the lace aspect and the cap shoulders. The silhouette and cut is sexy without being too revealing, which is good for someone of her age. The accessories (the belt and clutch) are simple and don’t take away from the beauty of the dress. The only thing I would have liked is if her lip could be more of a deep red as opposed to an orange-y one.

This is Lisa LoCicero. Label unsure. I’m happy that she has such a killer body and all, but the dress is something you would see on a 20-year old LA club-hopper, not on a celebrity. The slit is tacky, and the bottom of the dress isn’t fashionable in the least. Personally, I hate her heels because I dislike strappy heels in general. Her hair is messy. On the other hand, her earrings and bracelet are super chic and her makeup is beautiful.

This is Elizabeth Hendrickson. Just a tip: for satin to be flattering, it needs to be as form fitting as possible. Elizabeth has a slamming body—the dress definitely should be tighter around the stomach. And another tip: If you don’t have a bra, wear flower pads. I do love her hair center parted to accent the streamline nature of the dress however.

Finola Hughes (What a great name!) looks radiant in her cheetah-print dress. The dress is lovely, the pattern and fall are extremely flattering. I would recommend she wear a different belt, such as the one on Lisa Rinna, and use a tan or black clutch. I also dislike her heavy bracelet—it takes away from the dress. Instead she should consider some black or tan thin bangles or nothing at all.

Chrishell Stause is glowing in her neon pink dress. The neon can be ill-done, but I think she wears it well. The silhouette is flattering and the draped shoulder is cute. She accessorized perfectly, with metallic clutch, necklace, and earrings. Her hair up accentuates the line of the dress and her makeup is sleek and simple.

Kim Matula also rocks the pink, but hers is more subdued. I love how the waist and one-shouldered arm drapes elegantly. The clutch is nice and her hair looks put together. I don’t love her bracelet and earrings, but overall she looks nice.

I only have two words for Laura Wright: belt it.

Dearest Kate Mansi, I love your look. I love the color, I love the detailing of the bodice, I love your hair up so as not to distract from the dress, I love that you kept it simple. Keep it up.

Bella Thorne, of Disney Channel's Shake It Up, wears her pink proudly and looks beautiful. Congrats to whoever chose that dress for her; it’s a success! The lace details are gorgeous and it’s definitely age appropriate. I wish I could wear this to prom.


Lexi Ainsworth shows off her curves in this black dress. I love the top and the colorblocking, but I think the sparkly belt is a bit much, as is the shredded fabric at the bottom.


Jordi Vilasuso and Kaitlin Riley make the cutest couple, contrasting dark with light. Jordi looks handsome in his totally black ensemble and it makes a beautiful complement to Kaitlin’s lovely embellished gown. The silhouette is gorgeous and her hair looks neat and pretty. 


Lucy Liu wore this dress on the Emmy carpet from Versace's Fall 2012 runway show. I can't say I really like it on either of them at all. 


A lot is expected of Kelly Osbourne, as a fashion correspondent for E!, and I think she lived up to the occasion. Her body looks amazing and the dress really flatters her, in both color and shape. Personally, I love her purple hair and I love the mix of the purple hair with the purple dress and the dark red lip.



Jane Levy should thank her stylist for putting her in such a gorgeous gown. The color is stunning, the cut is flattering, her necklace is perfect for the dress's neckline, and her hair and makeup make the look flawless.


I love her, I love her dress, I love her clutch, I love her and her husband together. She's flawless.


Sarah Hyland looked like a goddess on the red carpet. Her dress and her hair gave her a very ethereal look.


That's all for now!
More posts to come soon,
Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment